iOS 5 (and 6, 7) content

This is the official forum for iOS 5 By Tutorials, by the iOS Tutorial Team.

iOS 5 (and 6, 7) content

Postby geeksweep » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Just wondering if you build any apps or do you just go over topics and see small examples? Its obvious in the Apprentice series that you build apps but not so in the iOS 5,6 and 7. Just confirming (or not). Thanks!
geeksweep
Hacker

Re: iOS 5 (and 6, 7) content

Postby Hollance » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Most of the chapters are in tutorial form. You get a starter project (as a ZIP file) with some basic functionality, and then in the tutorial you add the things that are specific to the topic of that tutorial. So usually you don't build up the entire app from scratch, but then you do add a lot of functionality to it.

Check out this page: http://www.raywenderlich.com/tutorials

This lists all the tutorials on this site. If you scroll down to iOS 5 Tutorials or iOS 6 Tutorials, you will find a selection of chapters from the books, so you can see for yourself what the chapters in the book are like.
Like card games? Play my new game Mahjong Cards for iPad.
Hollance
Team Member
iOS Tutorial Team Member

Postby geeksweep » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Hollance wrote:Most of the chapters are in tutorial form. You get a starter project (as a ZIP file) with some basic functionality, and then in the tutorial you add the things that are specific to the topic of that tutorial. So usually you don't build up the entire app from scratch, but then you do add a lot of functionality to it.

Check out this page: http://www.raywenderlich.com/tutorials

This lists all the tutorials on this site. If you scroll down to iOS 5 Tutorials or iOS 6 Tutorials, you will find a selection of chapters from the books, so you can see for yourself what the chapters in the book are like.

thanks! And I assume that iOS 7 will be the same format or will there be apps built from scratch? The reason I ask for specifically iOS 7 is that, obviously, there is a complete rehaul/re-design to the core frameworks/APIs.
geeksweep
Hacker

Postby Hollance » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:17 am

The iOS 7 book will follow the same format. However, the iOS Apprentice is being updated for iOS 7 too, which is a free update to customers.
Like card games? Play my new game Mahjong Cards for iPad.
Hollance
Team Member
iOS Tutorial Team Member

Return to iOS 5 By Tutorials Official Forum